To consolidate our growing team of architects, engineers, and interior designers into one location, we thoughtfully selected the former McGregor Sock Factory as our new flagship office in downtown Toronto. This heritage property, a defunct manufacturing facility built in 1905, was ideal for reclamation and adaptive reuse.
The open studio environment features a low profile, flexible layout that maximizes daylight and views. A raised floor system offers under floor air, power, and data distribution, leaving the beautiful wood structure exposed to emphasize the building’s industrial heritage. A public zone featuring a shared reception, meeting rooms, a design library, and café spaces separates the two floors.
More importantly, we used indirect and low wattage task lighting, daylight and occupancy sensors, low flow showers, solar powered faucets, dual flush toilets, reclaimed and recycled materials, and low VOC finishes.
Our award winning design transformed this heritage property into flexible, high quality workspace that fosters design collaboration, creativity, and our commitment to sustainable design solutions.