Even before the pandemic, retail was in a sharp decline. And while closures are now estimated to be over double that of last year, they represent an opportunity. Owners and communities can revitalize these properties and transform them into something new—from walkable mixed-use districts that form new centers for their communities to innovation districts to healthcare centers—unlocking significant economic, social, and environmental benefits.
How can we take advantage of these market forces to breathe new life into these old malls? Watch our moderated Q&A with industry experts to discuss opportunities for redevelopment and repositioning.
- Colleen Dixon, Architect, Stantec
- Kent Gonzales, Vice President, Northland Investment Corporation
- Larisa Ortiz, Managing Director, Research + Analysis, Streetsense
- Steven Levin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Centennial Real Estate
- Whitney Livingston, Chief Operating Officer, Centennial Real Estate