Our Approach to Mine Closure
Stantec has a long history of providing mine and mill closure services to the mining industry having taken many sites from initial characterization through closure and into long-term maintenance. Our approach to mine closure is simple; we work in partnership with our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies and solutions to streamline reclamation and meet the multifaceted project objectives and requirements with consideration for all stakeholder needs.
We implement a holistic approach to site characterization and closure and focus on a multi-discipline, integrated approach to site characterization and design to develop simple and effective solutions to address the diverse aspects of mine closure.
We have practical experience with closing complex sites. Our experience includes design and execution of site remediation and closure at high altitudes, in remote locations with limited access, and in hyper-arid deserts subject to intense erosive precipitation events.
To streamline the reclamation process we:
- Use historical regional and site data to target site characterization efforts to address data gaps and avoid unnecessary data collection.
- Address immediate site threats with early or interim actions.
- Use proven and accepted technologies in reclamation design and construction, to minimize agency review time and develop long-term, low-maintenance closure solutions.
- Understand and respect nearby communities
- Provide on-going communications and community involvement during the project life
- Use of local resources and expertise whenever possible
The preservation and protection of historic and cultural resources is a critical part of site characterization and closure planning.
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team