The LIFE programme is the EU’s main funding instrument for the environment and climate action. The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European added value. LIFE began in 1992 and since that time has co-financed some 3954 projects across the EU, contributing approximately €3.1 billion to the protection of the environment. Find more information about the LIFE programme on the website.
In line with Framework Contract EASME LIFE 2017/028 concluded between the European Executive Agency for SMEs (EASME), Stantec and Agreco, independent technical experts are sought to evaluate proposals received under the LIFE Programme.
This call is open to experts of any nationality with a high level of professional expertise in any of the fields listed below. All technical experts should be fluent in English (at least C1 level in the Common European Framework for Reference for Languages) and in at least one other EU official language and have previous experience in assessing and/or managing EU projects. Skills to evaluate the business implications of Close to Market projects are an asset.
Operating (NGO) Grants/ Capacity Building
- Relevant educational background (e.g. political sciences, European studies etc.) and proven professional background in the environmental and climate fields in EU Member States and/or at the level of the European Union, and;
- Proven experience in evaluating projects.
Experience and expertise in the following areas are particularly sought:
- Understanding of the process behind the development and implementation of the EU environment and climate policy and the role that NGOs are playing in this process;
- Experience of reviewing NGO strategic plans with respect to EU policy relevance, EU policy shaping and EU policy implementation as well as positioning to respond to new and emerging environmental challenges and the organizational and technical capacity to develop as a key stakeholder to the EU’s policy process.
- Experience in reviewing NGO implementation plans to ensure alignment with NGO strategic plans and goals.