Over time, bridges are exposed to environmental and traffic loading conditions that lead to a natural deterioration of the bridge condition. Whether designing repairs for a single bridge, or determining needs for a group of bridges and prioritizing the work program, we’re there to help. Our goal is to maximize a bridge’s service life, while increasing structural or functional capacity wherever feasible.
Stantec Bridge Management System
Keeping track of your assets isn’t always easy, but it is manageable. Our latest bridge management system, Stantec’s BMS 2010, is a state-of-the-art system designed to be customizable to each bridge department’s needs. Compatible with virtually any modern inspection method, BMS 2010 works with the National Bridge Elements inspection system and meets the demanding analytical requirements of AASHTO’s Guide to Bridge Management Systems.
It can be implemented as a stand-alone system or integrated with existing inventories from a few bridges to 50,000 or more structures. The analysis and simulation capabilities include work recommendations based on life-cycle cost and benefit-cost analysis, budget analysis, trade-off analysis, and performance prediction.
BMS 2010 capabilities include:
- Inventory and inspection data management and reporting
- Inspection photo, video, and document management
- Automated project scoping and treatment selection using engineering models and benefit/cost analysis
- Element, project, and network level risk analysis
- Network-level priority programming and budgeting
- Network and individual bridge target performance analysis
- Risk-based decision making, inspection frequencies
- GIS Mapping of assets, condition, and projects
- Digital dashboard for interactive scoping and timing of projects
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team