Risks from machinery, automation, and other processes need to be controlled—we can help
Inadequate machine guarding is a common cause of serious worker injuries.
Our team of specialists can help determine if the equipment—new, existing, or modified—meets current codes and standards using the process of risk assessment and validation via machine guarding review.
The most cost-effective way to eliminate non-compliances is to identify and remove hazards before the equipment has been built. As a result, many safety standards call for a risk assessment to be completed during the early design stages. This enables timely identification of hazards and ensures that suitable control measures are incorporated into the detail design.
Whether using ISO, CSA, ANSI, EN, industry-specific, or client-specific risk assessment methods, our machine safety teams can facilitate a task-by-task analysis of the hazards associated with the process—and help develop production- and maintenance-friendly safeguarding strategies.
We’ll assist you in completing risk assessment workshops with your team of stakeholders. We can also provide in-house risk assessment and safety code training that will help you get the most out of these powerful design tools.
Machine Guarding Review / Validation
Is the guarding installed on your machine sufficient to prevent worker injuries? Does your equipment require modifications to meet current applicable codes and standards? Our team has a deep understanding of compliance standards for industrial equipment set by worldwide regulatory bodies. We have experience with multiple types of automation and can provide compliance reviews at various stages of the equipment life-cycle.
- General machine guarding
- Robotic cells
- Stamping presses: mechanical, hydraulic, and servo presses
- Conveyors, carriers, lifters, and electrified monorail systems (EMS)
- Automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS)
- Automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and autonomous mobile robots (AMRs)
- Injection molding machines (IMMs)
- Printing, packaging, and corrugated case machines
Safety review services:
- Collaborative design review phase
- Factory acceptance / vendor buyoff inspections
- Installation / commissioning inspections
- Final reviews and compliance reporting
- Safety control system review and design support
- Hardwired safety controls, safety relay, and safety programmable logic controller (PLC) systems
- Proficient in Siemens, Toyopuc, AB, PILZ, and Jokab platforms
Additional safety compliance servicesStantec’s engineers identify risks, present alternatives, and provide solutions to ensure compliance through pre-start health and safety reviews (PSHSR), safety control system and safety PLC review and design, safety risk assessment, HAZOP and process hazard assessment, hazardous area classifications and fire safety audits, and occupational exposure/industrial hygiene assessment.
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team