We care about the environment in which we live and workWe recognise the impact we can have as a product of what we do, through our corporate actions, the projects and solutions we deliver, and through our thought leadership. Our aim is to fully integrate low carbon thinking and management throughout our business, and to drive continuous improvement and innovation over the longer term. We are continually challenging how we can create better solutions with enhanced environmental benefits, that align with project, client and community outcomes.
- Stantec UK is committed to making a positive impact. We recognise the importance of raising awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies, alongside contributing positively to society, and averting climate breakdown through our projects.
- We are a signatory of the UK Pledge to Net Zero and ICE 13 Point Pledge, part of the United Nations Climate Change Race to Zero and are committed to achieving a 1.5oC science-based emissions reduction target and carbon neutrality for 2022 emissions.
- Our teams are committed to designing sustainable, resilient communities, mitigating the effects of climate change, helping biodiversity, and supporting the transition to a carbon-neutral economy.
- Our designs contribute to equality in society, delivering social value by building better places and communities - improving the lives of those who live, work and study in them.
- Together, we will champion a creative, technology-forward, collaborative approach to tackling climate change throughout our operations, project work, and our industry.
Coastal ResilienceWhen the Caol and Lochyside communities needed flood protection infrastructure, we helped develop a flood protection scheme that would protect them against 200-year floods from sea level rise or surface water flooding. Read More
Ecosystem RestorationHelping communities protect, restore, monitor and respond to biodiversity loss, climate change, and environmental degradation; supporting solutions that integrate the natural and built environments. Read More
Smart Cities and Urban PlacesUsing technology and planning to lower carbon and relieve pressure on urban cities. Improving energy and resource security and conservation, health and well-being, accessibility and smart mobility, and building a sense of place. Read More
Energy TransitionWorking with clients and communities to progress solutions that embrace new technologies and renewable energy, adapting to a low-carbon future. Read More
Stantec is working to:
- Protect and restore ecosystems and coastlines
- Act on the biodiversity emergency and deliver biodiversity net gain
- Deliver climate-resilient built environment projects and developments
- Make renewable energy and related infrastructure feasible and equitable
- Conserve water, protect sources from pollution and reduce waste
- Advance the science of wastewater treatment
- Consider emerging dimensions to deliver sustainable communities including wellbeing, living small, autonomous vehicles, and small-scale agriculture
- Design and employ innovative technologies
- Reduce carbon through design and engineering solutions
- Guide clients to deliver the energy transition and incorporate renewable technologies
Director of Transport & Place
Environmental Services Director
Professor Adrian Johnson
Climate Change & Social Value Manager
Climate Solutions Leader, UK and Ireland
Principal Sustainability Consultant
Technical Director, Climate Change and Sustainability
Principal Process Engineer
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team