Do you know what’s in your mine water?
Looking at water through an environmental lens
Stantec offers services at every step of the process: in the evaluation, design, construction, and operation of mine water treatment plants. Our experts are well versed in the application of emerging technologies that are needed for challenging treatment requirements.
As mining clients increasingly approach mine water holistically, we have responded by taking an integrated approach to the management and treatment of mine water including mine drainage and mill process water. Cost-effective selenium removal, in particular, is one of our internationally recognized mine water treatment specialties.
As a technology-neutral company, we have no vested interest or bias towards any particular water treatment technology or vendor. This allows us to create site-specific treatment processes that are in our clients’ best interests.
Following are some of our water treatment services:
- Treatability testing and process optimization
- Process water treatment engineering
- Conventional lime neutralization
- High-density sludge (HDS)
- Iron co-precipitation of metals and metalloids
- Sulphide precipitation of heavy metals
- Advanced treatment design
- Membrane Separation
- Advanced Oxidative Processes
- Biological Nutrient Removal
- Selenium Removal
- Ion Exchange
- Passive mine water treatment
- Cyanide, thiocyanate, and ammonia treatment
- Natural and engineered wetland treatment
- Residuals management
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team