Communities are at the heart of everything we do
By delivering societal and environmental benefits, our ambition is to shape places that are fit for the future.
Our designs and work contribute to equality in society, delivering social value by building better places and communities - improving the lives of those who live, work and play in them. Stantec works to enhance quality of life, resilience, liveability and safety.
Our UK Climate Change and Social Value Forum drives environmental and social action across the business, and tracks progress against our pledges.
We are committed to delivering benefits to our staff, and to wider communities through our programmes including our learning and development, work experience and apprenticeships, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I), Stantec in the Community, school’s engagement and STEM initiatives.
Better Places ToolkitSocial value is playing an increasingly important role in land development, but there is a lack of guidance for industry on both how it is defined and how to use social value to inform decision making and investment. The Better Places Toolkit is a two year joint research project with the University of Reading which aims to demonstrate the value of spatially mapping social value, supporting the planning and delivery of land development that offers better community, climate change and commercial outcomes. Read More
Places FirstThere is increasing recognition that the current planning process is delivering car dependent developments, lacking local facilities and not supporting active, healthy lifestyles. As our industry looks to accelerate delivery of housing and employment, Stantec is asking how can we deliver it in a way that does support the creation of healthy and sociable, prosperous, sustainable communities? Read More
Through our projects, we are working to:
- Secure funding to deliver transformational development and regeneration plans
- Design and build high quality buildings which improve health and human experience
- Deliver infrastructure improvements for communities
- Level up opportunities across the UK, supporting jobs, businesses and economic growth
- Undertake meaningful and innovative engagement with communities to shape proposals and ensure local priorities are delivered
- Deliver green infrastructure to enable healthy lifestyles and provide access to nature
- Enhance the physical and social integration of new and existing communities through provision of community assets
- Ensure proposals promote equality, challenge discrimination and are genuinely accessible to all
- All disciplines, business operating units, and geographies within Stantec play a key role in delivering positive outcomes and social value for communities
Community EngagementIn the UK, we work with our communities through our community, education and STEM engagement initiatives. We are committed to providing support for national and local charities and educational initiatives through a range of activities that contribute to sustainability and society. Led by amazing volunteers around the business, we are involved in a wide range of activities that make a difference in places where we live and work. Read More
Director of Transport & Place
Environmental Services Director
Social Value Research Facilitator
Head of Inclusion, Diversity and Wellbeing
Director of Technical Design Services
Director, Landscape Architecture
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team