Introducing a digital solution to utility financial management
Our Financial Analysis & Management System (FAMS) puts your financial data at your fingertips, anytime, anywhere. A subscription-based online financial planning tool powered by 300 years of combined experience on over 1,500 studies, FAMS has been designed to support government entities.
With FAMS, you have 24/7 access to industry-leading tools for financial forecasting and sustainability solutions in an easy-to-use, web-based interface that allows ultimate flexibility and control when performing multiple high-level sensitivity analyses and scenario management activities. Our team is also available to answer complex questions and to help facilitate scenario development and decision-making processes.
FAMS is more intelligent and easier to use than your traditional Excel rate model. Features include
- 24/7 access by multiple users on various devices
- Unlimited scenario development and sharing capabilities
- Efficient data updating that boosts your productivity
- Comparison of multiple scenarios side by side in real time
- Export functions (PDF or Excel) for desired inputs, assumptions, and results of scenarios
- Establishing unique sensitivity cases or assumption ranges to stress-test scenarios
- Quick click deep dives (e.g., individual page breakouts of fund balances, costs)
- Enhanced data validation, conditional formatting, and help resources/pop-ups
- Update/calculation notifications and refresh buttons so you know what’s going on
- Restoring, saving, and comparing scenarios with a click
- Adjustable year views as well as full screen viewing mode
- Responsive design to resize content to fit your device as well as light and dark mode settings
Financial Analysis & Management System (FAMS)Our FAMS business intelligence application is a cloud-based, web and mobile-accessible tool that gives you access to your financial forecasting whenever and wherever you need it. Built on benchmarking from over 500 utilities clients, FAMS has been used to develop scenarios and boost efficiency in over 1,500 studies in the past 15 years. Request a Demo
Case Study: St. Petersburg Stormwater User FeesUsing Stantec’s Financial Analysis & Management System (FAMS), the City of St. Petersburg, Florida modeled a revenue sufficiency analysis (RSA) to evaluate stormwater rate revenues over a multi-year projection period. Learn More
Beyond your traditional Excel rate model
Multiple user accounts that you define
Create different user profiles for analysts and administrators to ensure accuracy and protection of your most important data.
Your data is secure and reliable in the cloud
FAMS is cloud-based, making it a less expensive and more secure, reliable, and flexible way to access your data.
Data reliability and accuracy
Unlike Excel-based models, FAMS source code is protected, reducing risk and error from inadvertent changes.
24/7 instant and simultaneous access from any device
You have instant access to what you need, when you need it—even from your smartphone during a public meeting when your colleagues are also using FAMS.
Flexibility and control of your scenarios
Create personal and shared version-controlled scenarios that can be stored, recalled, and compared, then validated and re-run with updated data models.
Streamlined data updates with team notifications
Free up staff to be analytic, future-thinking and strategic. FAMS will notify you when your new dataset is ready for scenario modeling.
Scalable based on your needs
Our services are customized to meet your specific data and user requirements.
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team