About Atmospheric Sciences
Our Atmospheric Sciences professionals have a proven record of delivering services for all of your project needs. With experience spanning North America, we provide expertise in air quality, climate change and sustainability, and noise, vibration, acoustics, and light.
- Permitting and regulatory compliance - environmental approvals and regulatory interpretation, understanding existing (and emerging) varied regulatory requirements across Canada and the U.S. including industry to industry, province to province, and state to state differences in requirements, experience successfully dealing with regulators and obtaining all types of permits
- Emission estimation - assessing processes, activities, and operations to calculate emission rate estimates
- Stack testing - measurement of contaminant concentrations from industrial stacks and other emission sources
- Ambient monitoring - measurement of air contaminant concentrations in ambient air
- Dispersion modelling - computational prediction of contaminant concentrations in the surrounding community
- Hazard Modelling and Quantitative Risk Assessment - dispersion modelling to predict dangers associated with accidents and malfunctions. Quantifying risk to individuals to evaluate compatibility of industrial facilities relative to surrounding land use
- Odor monitoring and modelling - quantifying the level of odor and use models to predict the impact to the community
- Computational fluid dynamics modelling - for complex dispersion scenarios
- Volatile organic compound leak detection - identifying leaks using monitoring equipment
Climate Change and Sustainability
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventories - develop inventories of GHG emissions, target setting, and developing reduction plans
- GHG verification - ANSI-accredited to verify GHG emissions from facility operations
- GHG validation/verification for offset projects - ANSI-accredited to validate and verify GHG emission reductions from offset projects
- Climate change adaptation and sustainability - developing strategies for climate change adaptation
Noise, Vibration, Acoustics, and Light
- Environmental noise and vibration is the impact related to facilities (industrial and manufacturing), construction and blasting activities, renewable energy, and occupational health. It also involves designing the acoustic environment (known as soundscaping) and addressing underwater acoustic impacts.
- Transportation noise involves the impact on the acoustic environment from transportation sources including aircraft, road and rail traffic. Specific areas of light rail, freight rail and passenger rail are specialty areas for our acoustic staff.
- Vibration is dedicated to addressing vibration impacts to buildings and structures from construction equipment and transportation related sources.
- Vibration condition monitoring continues to be a proactive benefit to anticipating equipment maintenance and failure requirements.
- The measurement and monitoring of noise and vibration is an ongoing requirement in a variety of projects. This involves monitoring of individual sources of noise and vibration, construction monitoring for on-going impact to communities, as well as long-term operational monitoring for transportation.
We're better together
Become a client
Partner with us today to change how tomorrow looks. You’re exactly what’s needed to help us make it happen in your community.Contact Us
Design your career
Work with passionate people who are experts in their field. Our teams love what they do and are driven by how their work makes an impact on the communities they serve.Join the Team